87 companies from 12 countries met together with 22 mentors and 18 investors at the ACE Summit in Brussels as part of the New Frontiers for European Entrepreneurs event on 29 April. The ACE Summit marked the launch of the ACE acceleration programme for the top 100 ICT companies in Europe with the potential to grow internationally. Companies were selected through the ACE competition which was open for applications from November 2013 to March 2014.
ACE selected companies are assigned an experienced mentor in their own (or nearest ACE partner) country. This ‘local’ mentor analyses their internationalisation strengths and weaknesses, develops an individual internationalisation action plan with them and puts an internationalisation support team and package of support measures in place for them. This may include living lab validation in other countries, hands-on assistance in finding partners and clients, introductions to investors and preparing companies to pitch for transnational investment and office space.
At the ACE summit, companies had the opportunity to complete investor readiness training and pitch directly to a panel of cross border investors. One to one meetings were organised for each company in advance with mentors from other countries who will provide practical advice on entering new markets from introductions to potential clients to ‘soft landing’ supports. Companies also had the opportunity to meet with other companies and potential collaborators from among the over 400 participants at the New Frontiers for European Entrepreneurs event.
Download the list of ACE companies here.
Check out the event picture gallery at here.
- ACE supported company Feedpods enters USA market!
- Living Lab Services for Business Support & Internationalisation: Understanding the Value & Benefits of Cross-Border Living Lab offers for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Accelerating International Growth: A Practical Guidebook for Business Support Organisations
- ACE Companies Booklet - Meet the Graduates of the ACE Programme!
- Selling a dream to the sales industry: Tenderscout