What are Living Labs?
The Living Lab is a real-life test and experimentation environment where users and producers co-create innovation in a trusted open ecosystem that enables business and societal innovation. Within ACE we focus on service oriented Living Labs.
What kind of services do Living Labs offer?
The following listed services are indicative. Living Lab services are not standardised at the moment thus varying on a case by case basis:
- Providing experimental (entrepreneurial) environment
- Facilitating the development of new products and services
- Developing application prototypes using open innovation
- Showcasing newly developed products and services
- Gathering early feedback from potential end users
- Identification of target groups
- Incubation services providing infrastructure and tools to develop ideas
- Organising workshops to design new business models
- Collecting data and analysing it
- Consulting services for business development and commercialization
Why is it good for you to apply a Living Lab methodology?
These may depend on the services or products your company operates:
- You receive reliable feedback based on user experience
- Prototypes are tested at an early stage and in daily environments
- You have granted access to the infrastructure, test users and sets of support services
- You can test & develop a broad range of applications and services directed towards lead users
Who are our Living Lab partners within ACE?
ENoLL, Coventry University Enterprises, Technoport and Forum Virium Helsinki. Read more about them in our Partners page.